In This Episode: iPhones and satellites, cameras, Alexa poop, Speech to text and translations
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 1:22 GR: New iPhone stuff
- 3:00 iPhone 14 can contact satellites: emergency use
- 4:15 Must point at satellite, and shows you where the satellite is!
- 5:40 How it compresses data
- 7:55 Will be activated in November
- 8:40 LN: Experience with regular satellite phones
- 10:15 Free for two years with iPhone 14
- 11:00 Interfaces with 911
- 14:25 Always-on display
- 16:15 48 MP camera features
- 19:10 Car crash detection
- 23:00 The Dynamic Island
- 29:00 Should you get one?
- 30:00 AirPods pro
- 32:00 LN: In the “I’m glad I don’t have kids” department: Alexa and “poop”!
- 37:40 LN: what I’m doing w/ my carpal tunnel. Speech to text is pretty amazing.
- 42:50 30 years ago worked on beginning
- 44:50 Entrapped – Original language with subtitles. Issues with English dubbed films.
- 44:00 The global streaming boom is creating a severe translator shortage
- Lost in translation: The global streaming boom is creating a severe translator shortage
Ain’t it Cool
- 51:50 GR: The new “A League Of Their Own: on Amazon Prime
- LN: More “nordic noir” – Entrapped, on Netflix