In This Episode: Why Free software. Watch-And-Grab iPhone Theft.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 0:30 LN: Microphones
- 2:00 GR: Old USB mics
- 3:45 LN: Why Do People Create Free Software?
- 4:20 Games, digital products are easy to reproduce
- 5:40 Promote other paid versions or other software
- Free, but support encouraged (pay what you want)
- 7:00 Promote other things
- 9:00 Hoping it’s a hit, then charge for the next one.
- 10:10 Pay as you want… donations. Like Cliptools.
- 11:38 Open Source – Cooperation
- 13:10 Open source leads to product
- 15:38 Like Bitwarden
- 16:00 Learn or show what you can do. Get experience.
- 18:20 LN – Candy Crush. Eventually they start offering you things. In Ap purchases.
- 20:00 LN: Altruism
- 20:20 LN: You are the product / ads
- 22:00 ChatGPT joins in.
- 23:00 Market share.
- 24:15 Beta testing. Market testing.
- 25:00 LN – Sometimes it’s a scam
- 25:45 It’s not really free
- 26:00 Don’t let your guard down
- 27:00 Google and Android
- 28:40 GR: Watch-And-Grab iPhone Theft
- 31:00 Prevention – Face ID and Touch ID
- 36:00 LN – How does it apply to Android?
- 42:00 LN – Law enforcement
Ain’t it Cool
- 46:00 LN: Colossus: The Forbin Project – (inspired by Avogadro Corp: The Singularity Is Closer Than It Appears)
- 51:00 GR: Tucker and Dale Vs Evil