In This Episode: Threads launch. How they all integrate. Who is going to win?
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- GR – Threads.
- 4:00 Launched with enough resources
- They got 100M users right away
- 7:30 GR – Transfers easily from Instagram
- 9:00 Sorting out followers and following
- 13:00 GR – So much sponsored stuff
- 24:00 Privacy concerns. Overblown?
- 30:00 Gary’s take: Importance of Twitter-like services very overestimated.
- 33:00 LN: Utility, however, is high if done right.
- 37:00 GR – Redit
- 42:00 GR – ActivityPub.
- 53:00 LN – Can it be on a desktop?
- GR: And iPad. But this is Instagram, so probably NEVER. Tricks to type
Ain’t it Cool
- 59:00 LN – Happy Valley (Brit, Acorn TV) – Little “happy” about it.
- 1:00:00 GR – Silo (Apple TV+)
BSP: Blatant Self-Promotion
- 1:02:00 LN – If I Leave a Service Like LastPass, Does My Data Remain Online?
- 1:03:00 GR – 8 Ways To Make Text Stand Out in Mac Notes