In This Episode: Two Hundred Episodes, Listening to your keyboard? Facial Recognition, Vocabulary Helps.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 1:00 Episode numer 200!
- Episode 1 was Nov 2017 and it was titled: “For One Welcome Our New A.I. Overlords.”
- Now almost 6 years later, LLMs are “AI” and the concern is more about misinformation, stealing content, and people losing jobs. What changed?
- 5:30 Another headline was: And are there too many streaming services?
- 7:40 LN: 20 years!
- 8/10/2003 – There was a bug in IE 6!
- 10:00 Changes in Google
- 11:30 GR – #1 was iPods in schools
- 15:30 GR – A new way to steal passwords.
- 18:20 So so unlikely. Spy movie stuff. The paranoid will love this!
- 19:30 Two-factor and password managers thwart this.
- 20:20 But, interestingly, it does make a good case AGAINST pass phrases.
- 23:00 LN: Facial Recognition: Pro and Con
- Easy access at the airport: big pro (for me)
- Big con: Woman sues Detroit after facial recognition mistakes her for crime suspect
- Old white guys…
- 29:40 Medical use
- 30:20 LN – Grammar tools: Pro and Con
- Google Search can now critique your grammar and how I use it
- 33:40 GR – (Aside) How is it that so many reddit posts have bad grammar and even spelling? Even right in the title. Are that many people simply turning off these features?
- Vocabulary helps
Ain’t it Cool
- 43:50 LN – More therapy: (YouTube Shredder)
- 47:50 GR Oppenheimer. Forget IMAX Laser. Saw it in 35mm baby!
- 53:30 (What, no Barbie? 🙂 )
BSP: Blatant Self-Promotion
- 54:20 LN – 8/10: What I’ve Learned Answering Questions for 20 Years
- 55:10 GR – Get Creative With Numbers Spreadsheets