In This Episode: How social media is managing miss-information online during an election year, managing the privacy of your credit card number, easy listening to podcasts, ways to watch ApppleTV and more.
This week the TEH Podcast is hosted by Leo Notenboom, the “Chief Question Answerer” at Ask Leo!, and Gary Rosenzweig, the host and producer of MacMost, and mobile game developer at Clever Media.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
Show Notes & Links
- Gary: YouTube and Twitter are monitoring content more closely with election coming up. They are all doing it differently!
- How YouTube supports elections – YouTube’s blog
- Youtube will police videos more closely – Wired
- Twitter’s approach to synthetic and manipulated media – Twitter’s blog
- Leo: Privacy.com and how you can use it for safe purchases and gifts.
Possibly Off Topic, But Cool
- Leo: PocketCasts
- Gary: Mythic Quest
BSP: Blatant Self-Promotion
- Leo: Diagnose Web Pages With Inspect – Use it to understand why pages are displaying the way they are.
- Gary: Numbers Experiment: Flowsheets (via Gary’s Patreon)
2 Comments on “TEH 085: Politics, Privacy, Podcasts, and a Mythic Quest”
Thanks for your suggestion of Pocket Casts – stupidly, I have been using it for ages on my phone, but I had not realised that I could sync it to a desktop app. I did, however, regularly grumble that no such facility is available!
It works very well, although I wish there was a way of forcing a sync to take place – sometimes it seems a little reluctant. But that’s not a real problem.
Glad you like it! Every solution has some rough edges I’ve found, but this seems the smoothest so far. Thanks!