In This Episode: Using software to transcribe audios and look at photos; what might be coming out of your doorbell — and how many Bibles are in “huge”?
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- In the warmup, we talk about how far in advance we work on articles and content, and the usefulness of showing production notes to the dogs.
- Leo: Using Youtube for transcriptions. It’s a little convoluted, but works!
- Gary: The juxtaposition of crime and privacy in identifying the content of images – How “hashes” are used to find bad content, and who might be looking at your email.
Possibly Off Topic, But Cool
- Leo: Digital Planet podcast from the BBC. Example: last week they discussed repairing Voyager 2.
- Gary: You can get 16TB drives! They’ve gotten so big it’s amazing and even data hogs don’t need that much.
(That’s greater than 3 million Bibles)
BSP: Blatant Self-Promotion