In This Episode: Apple’s new geekiness, Windows TPM, advances in security
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 0:46 GR: Apple announcements
- 1:00 New phone, ipads, software
- 3:04 Recovery contact
- 4:38 New authentication
- 5:40 Thiefproof tracing
- 6:10 Image text selection
- 6:21 Visual lookup
- 8:40 Private relay
- 9:00 Hide my email (LN: not anonymous)
- 13:06 Voice memos (skip silence)
- 14:00 LN: Google voice to text
- 18:00 Phone features
- 20:15 Video focus
- 23:30 LN: Passwordless signin
- 25:50 Windows 11 TPM (Trusted Platform Module)
- 29:23 How I got mine working, why it’s so controversial, and a little about what it’s supposed to be.
- 30:00 Windows 11 release, Oracle vs. TPM
- 35:00 GR: The Mac equivalent is the T2 chip built into Macs. The T2 does a lot more than just TPM: listening, video compression.
- 39:00 Securuty issues?
Ain’t it Cool
- 41:26 LN: Mundane coolness: I replaced the battery on my Dell XPS 15 laptop this morning.
- 45:00 Mac battery management
- 45:30 and Tesla
- 47:40 GR: Re-read Neuromancer
BSP: Blatant Self-Promotion
- 51:30 LN: 7 Signs of Phishing to Watch For
- 52:28 GR: 15 New Things To Try On Your iPhone With iOS 15
52:54 Gary takes a pic of Leo’s image and image recognition nails it… Corgi!!!!