In This Episode: Ranting on spam, Return to Streaming Music, and NFTs
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 0:57 GR: Predictions playing out (love statistics).
- 5:15 LN: I need to rant a little (re spam). SO MANY problems with respect to email all boil down to spam and, more correctly, efforts to mitigate spam.
- Moving from server to server.
- 10:20 IMAGINE THE COST (and frustration!) of spam to everyone!
- 16:12 What it would take to control it.
- 20:00 Charge for emails?
- 23:10 What domain owners can do.
- 26:00 Google Apps/Workspace going pay-only
- 31:00 one domain serviced by protonmail.com
- 32:45 LN: Re: Spotify.
- YouTube Music turned out to be a surprise contender for me. (incl w/ YouTube Premium)
- 34:50 Family plan
- 39:40 GR: The ap, how ads work… creators still get paid. Premium better than adblocker.
- 42:37 GR: Follow-Up on NFTs (‘NFTs are a scam,’ says indie game store Itch.io.)
- 51:39 LN: Winter Olympics
- 52:00 Peacock
- 55: 20 Lag and camera angles, different focus
- 57:00 Streaming confusion creating reduced audience
- 59:40 GR: Streaming differences create “spoilers.” Movies, TV series, Olympics… Superbowl
Ain’t it Cool
- 1:04:10 LN: Reading: “Termination Shock” by Neal Stephenson
- 1:06:06 TV: Reacher & Raised by Wolves.
- 1:07:40 GR: TV Time loop series: Reset (Search “Reset YoYo” on YouTube)
- 1:12:02 Apple TV+: movie CODA gets Oscar nomination
- Don’t Look Up: Netflix gets Oscar nomination.
- 1:12:40 LN: Amazon Oscar nominations. Being the Ricardos.
BSP: Blatant Self-Promotion
- 1:14:39 LN: Someone Is in My Computer, Controlling it. What Can I Do?
- 1:15:30 GR: 25 Tips For Using Notes On a Mac