In This Episode: Spotify tech. Can we balance stories? Censorship, audio quality and payment. Wordle Shoulda’s.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 0:17 GR: The Spotify thing… Neil Young vs. Spotify.
- 3:31 What makes this different: Exclusivity, subscription model,
- 6:27 Their business model makes it different than Apple Podcasts. Podcasters not tied to each other.
- 13:00 Censorship misunderstandings.
- 14:00 Creating balanced stories, can’t balance falsehood with truth.
- 20:15 LN: It’s bigger than vaccines
- 30:16 LN: Sony picks up Bungie. Gaming is important.
- 32:20 Metaverse… immersive with VR goggles.
- 33:00 GR: Wordle! Shoulda been me… web based games suddenly come back.
- 37:00 The keyboard
- 38:00 How it accidentally(?) positioned itself for virality. (And the New York Times, apparently.)
- 39:00 Ease of sharing (competitive)
- Wordle 227 3/6 (Boxes are characters in a string of text)
- 41:00 Do a Google search for Wordle… not in app store, be careful.
- 42:00 Wordle anger from the non-Wordles.
- 43:00 ONE WORD – ‘initially’ – is pissing people off.
- The New York Times Buys Wordle – Will NYT put it behind a paywall?
- 44:56 One word a day… how to monitize it.
- 46:00 GR: How to cheat… but why?
Ain’t it Cool
- 47:55 LN: Bobba Fett.
- 49:14 LN: (And, for the geeks, Windows has it’s own SSH server – from Microsoft, no less.)
- 51:00 GR: “Termination Shock” by Neal Stephenson. (Why wasn’t I targeted?)