In This Episode: Addictive lights, Alexa and Siri battles, falling planes, Blizzard and Metaverse
This week the TEH Podcast is hosted by Leo Notenboom, the “Chief Question Answerer” at Ask Leo!, and Gary Rosenzweig, the host and producer of MacMost, and mobile game developer at Clever Media.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- GR: How I accidentally took big steps toward a “smart home.”
- 3:00 Bedsite clock that turns things on
- 6:55 It’s addictive… lightbulbs and more
- 7:50 LN: X10 lighting… to wifi aps… to Echo… to everything
- 13:00 GR: Blink cameras, Alexa and Siri battles
- 14:00 Trigger phrases to keep the conversation going
- 15:00 GR: 5G around Airports. Lots of clickbait and misleading headlines.
- Planes aren’t falling out of the sky… commisions fight
- 17:50 5G frequency bands and landing altimeters
- 22:25 Clickbait headlines… it’s not phones
- Good tech summary on The Verge
- 29:55 LN: Microsoft + Blizzard, working environment woes
- 32:00 (GR: Maybe the parental oversight the company needs?)
- 33:00 Big companies
- 33:29 is it a Metaverse thing?
- 40:33 Remember Yahoo groups?
- 42:20 LN: groups.io
Ain’t it Cool
- 44:00 LN: My 75” Samsung 4KHD, and what I watched first (ish).
- Encanto and (46:00) Don’t look Up
- 49:48 GR: Adrift: Seventy-Six Days Lost at Sea
- 51:57 LN: Book: This is How They Tell Me the World Ends