In This Episode: Addictive lights, Alexa and Siri battles, falling planes, Blizzard and Metaverse
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- GR: How I accidentally took big steps toward a “smart home.”
- 3:00 Bedsite clock that turns things on
- 6:55 It’s addictive… lightbulbs and more
- 7:50 LN: X10 lighting… to wifi aps… to Echo… to everything
- 13:00 GR: Blink cameras, Alexa and Siri battles
- 14:00 Trigger phrases to keep the conversation going
- 15:00 GR: 5G around Airports. Lots of clickbait and misleading headlines.
- Planes aren’t falling out of the sky… commisions fight
- 17:50 5G frequency bands and landing altimeters
- 22:25 Clickbait headlines… it’s not phones
- Good tech summary on The Verge
- 29:55 LN: Microsoft + Blizzard, working environment woes
- 32:00 (GR: Maybe the parental oversight the company needs?)
- 33:00 Big companies
- 33:29 is it a Metaverse thing?
- 40:33 Remember Yahoo groups?
- 42:20 LN: groups.io
Ain’t it Cool
- 44:00 LN: My 75” Samsung 4KHD, and what I watched first (ish).
- Encanto and (46:00) Don’t look Up
- 49:48 GR: Adrift: Seventy-Six Days Lost at Sea
- 51:57 LN: Book: This is How They Tell Me the World Ends