In This Episode: Fires, TV dilemma, Y2K again, Launching Games, Covid app fails.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 0:20 GR: Colorado is on fire (and not in a good way)
- 5:55 LN: update on my TV repair dilemma (repair or replace?)
- 11:22 GR: Recycling TVs
- 13:50 High tech recycling
- 18:23 LN: Y2K22?? (Date roll over bug)
- 2201010001 > 2,147,483,647
- (signed long -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647) 32-bit number
- Y2K22 bug stops Exchange mail delivery: Antimalware engine stumbles on 2022
- 23:25 LN: NFT follow up – OpenSea freezes $2.2M of stolen Bored Apes
- 28:03 CES 2022 Consumer Technology Association… not much happening
- 31:00 Halo Infinite and launching games
- 35:00 GR: Underwhelmed by Mobile phone covid exposure notifications.
- Such a great idea that failed?
- 46:00 LN: Testing stories and biological bugs
- 55:30 GR: “Don’t Look Up” on Netflix. Anti-science anxiety.
Ain’t it Cool
- 1:02:40 LN: Wheel of Time, Witcher Season 2, Lost in Space, Another Life, The Sinner Season 2
- 1:06:30 GR: Call My Agent on Netflix
BSP: Blatant Self-Promotion
- 1:07:37 LN: I Know My Password Is Right, But I Can’t Sign In. What Do I Do?
- 1:09:32 GR: What’s To Come From Apple in 2022?