In This Episode: AI. Is it alive?
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- Is AI Sentient?
- 1:30 A character? A priest? An engineer?
- 6:23 Looking at LaMDA
- 8:30 Is there a wrong direction for Artificial Intelligence?
- 9:30 What does sentient mean?
- 10:14 Fiction is examining this
- 12:20 ELIZA
- 14:00 Who decides if a machine is sentient?
- 17:00 Who decides what goes in?
- 16:10 The ethical use of AI
- 20:40 DALL-E and Corgies
- 22:00 Games with AI
- 23:30 Is there an off switch?
- 30:50 The amount of data
- 33:30 Smart cars?
- 43:00 We can’t define it
- Is LaMDA Sentient? — an Interview –
- The Google engineer who thinks the company’s AI has come to life
- You’re Afraid of AI For All the Wrong Reasons
- Google’s AI Isn’t Sentient, But It Is Biased and Terrible
- ELIZA: a very basic Rogerian psychotherapist chatbot
- Three Laws of Robotics
- Microsoft’s framework for building AI systems responsibly
Ain’t it Cool
- 45:20 GR: Aurora (Book) Kim Stanley Robinson
- 48:40 LN: Building a Second Brain – Tiago Forte (ebook).
- Started the last season of Vikings on Amazon Prime.