In This Episode: Period apps, Complexity of Tech, Is Musk a Twit?
This week the TEH Podcast is hosted by Leo Notenboom, the “Chief Question Answerer” at Ask Leo!, and Gary Rosenzweig, the host and producer of MacMost, and mobile game developer at Clever Media.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 1:29 LN: Have you installed (or uninstalled) your period tracking app yet?
- 4:00 GR: Reporting for transgender and bathroom use.
- 5:00 LN: How tech touches and is affected by EVERYTHING, even things you might not expect like Roe v Wade decisions.
- 6:00 GR: Differences in tech since the 70’s.
- 11:00 LN: James Webb telescope. https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/
- Space is full!
- Miracle of human engineering
- 15:45 LN: Internet outage, Rogers, in Canada was a big deal. Shows how easily things can go wrong.
- Bleeping Computer Article
- 19:00 GR: Getting connection help.
- 21:16 GR: The Fall of Elon Musk.
- Depp/Heard trial, how likable is he?
- Controversy around Twitter, tech and politics.
- 25:00 Technological leaps, Tesla, Starlink, good/bad and jerkiness.
- 28:50 GR: What Twitter can be now. Can the geeks run it?
- Elon top tweets… LOL
- 33:45 Micro blogging, un-mention
- Who will lead?
Ain’t it Cool
- 43:44 LN: “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds”, and “Stranger Things.”
- Reading: No Time to Spare – Ursula K. Le Guin
- Parable of the Sower – Octavia Butler
- 45:55 GR: Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan (1959 )
- 47:50 Best Short Story in 7 paragraphs.
- The Sirens of Titans (1959)
2 Comments on “TEH 167: Period apps, Complexity of Tech, Is Musk a Twit?”
On the hidden window problem. Alternate solution for Windows
I see it when taking my work laptop home.
Work – 2K laptop, 4K monitor, 2K vertical monitor
Home – 2K laptop, 2K vertical monitor
Things from the 4K monitor move to the laptop at home, frequently with the top cut off.
Grab the bottom edge and pull to bottom of screen.
That brings the top onto the screen.
Grab an upper corner or edge and resize the window.
Sirens of Titans was my first Vonnegut book. I read it in 69.. Rented a tent.