In This Episode: Travel Tech in the EU
This week the TEH Podcast is hosted by Leo Notenboom, the “Chief Question Answerer” at Ask Leo!, and Gary Rosenzweig, the host and producer of MacMost, and mobile game developer at Clever Media.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- GR: Tech Travel Report
- 1:15 Locations in Europe
- 1:40 Restaurant order and payments
- 2:00 Mobile Phone payments (Apple Pay) everywhere
- 4:00 No cash
- 6:40 LN: Preparing for Netherlands trip
- 9:45 GR: Apps for Taxis
- 16:12 LN: Public transportation overseas
- 24:00 Driving
- 26:oo GR: Internet connections, Still VPN issues, even in 2022
- 31:00 GR: AirTags to the rescue
- 36:00 GR: TikTok tracking… interesting
- 39:50 Which phone to bring
- 41:13 LN: Changing planes and bags
Ain’t it Cool
- 45:50 LN: 19th Anniversary of Ask Leo!
- 46:00 WestWorld: baffling, but fascinating at the same time. 19 years anniversary.
- 47:40 GR: Real Movie: Vengeance
2 Comments on “TEH 168: Travel Tech in the EU”
Did you see where the recent Twilio breach let hackers gain access to Authy accounts? https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/twilio-breach-let-hackers-gain-access-to-authy-2fa-accounts/
Heard of it, yes. Supposedly only a small number, and those folks affected have already been notified.