In This Episode: LastPass headlines, Phishing, Credit Cards, Windows on a Mac
This week the TEH Podcast is hosted by Leo Notenboom, the “Chief Question Answerer” at Ask Leo!, and Gary Rosenzweig, the host and producer of MacMost, and mobile game developer at Clever Media.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 0:30 LN: Lastpass hack & headlines.
- 2:25 Trade secrets stolen, no user data.
- 4:00 Data is encrypted, zero knowledge of passwords.
- 5:00 If you want to change?
- 7:20 What’s the risk of someone getting the source code?
- 8:44 GR: Phishing – Don’t think you’re immune.
- 12:00 LN: Smishing
- 14:44 LN: What about the developer?
- 16:00 Transparency
- 17:00 GR: Credit Card data breachs
- 24:15 LN: Why so long between detection and reporting of breaches?
- 27:30 GR: I installed … Windows! (first time in a long time)
- 29:00 Time strategy games – Age of Empires
- 32:00 Improvements in Windows
- 36:00 It’s easy to undo the install in Bootcamp on a Mac.
- 38:00 LN: Windows/Mac compatibility… or Linux?
Ain’t it Cool
- 45:00 GR: For All Mankind Season 3 – They go to Mars.
- 49:00 LN: House of the Dragon – There are dragons!
1 Comment on “TEH 170: LastPass headlines, Phishing, Credit Cards, Windows on a Mac”
Particularly interested in your comments about running Windows in BootCamp. I have been doing just that for several years now. Currently I am using the last edition MacBookAir with an Intel processor and am currently running Ventura beta on the Mac side and very successfully running Windows 11 in BootCamp. Both run flawlessly.