In This Episode: Recap of 2022, Wordle, Shorts, Starlink, Social Media, Space & Security
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 0:00 Cold and keeping warm
- 4:00 End of year. A quick run through/look back at this year’s interesting stuff
- 4:10 NFTs. Misunderstood and weird, but they got sold. Along with Crypto, Web3 took a dive.
- 6:00 The technology is sound but…
- 7:00 Blockchains
- 8:20 5G. Mostly marketing, but is it needed?
- 10:30 Wordle. Still going. In NYT crossword app.
- 12:38 Which technology made the biggest difference:
- LN: Open Broadcast System: OBS
- 13:22 DavinciResolve. For videos
- 14:00 GR: It’s been pretty stable.
- New hardware. From Mac Pro to Mac Studio
- 15:30 The emergence of shorts
- TikTok/Shorts/Instagram Reels
- 19:00 The way the feed works
- Gonna be the big story of 2023
- 22:00 Starlink & Ukraine
- 24:00 Podcasts been around a long time, it exploded
- Not enough time
- 24:40 Audiobooks
- 27:20 Twitter (April to December). The name that shall not be mentioned.
- 28:00 Real time news delivery
- Alternative sites. Banning of journalists
- 34:00 GR: Apple stuff. Not remarkable changes, but good high end stuff
- 37:00 LN: Windows updates, relatively smooth
- 38:00 AI (June), ChatGPT. Gonna get bigger
- 39:00 Space – James Webb Space Telescope
- 42:00 Travel Tech, payments
- 44:30 LastPass got a lot of press
Our Mastodon links.
- Gary: @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leo: Personal: @email@example.com
- Ask Leo!: @firstname.lastname@example.org
Ain’t it Cool
- 47:30 LN: The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution
- 49:00 Cautious mention: White Lotus
- 49:45 GR: Love, Death and Robots. Shorts on Netflix?