In This Episode: New search – Is AI a smart Bard or stealing content?
This week the TEH Podcast is hosted by Leo Notenboom, the “Chief Question Answerer” at Ask Leo!, and Gary Rosenzweig, the host and producer of MacMost, and mobile game developer at Clever Media.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- Reminiscing the past…
- 2:00 Looks like search will be changing faster than we thought… AI again
- 3:00 Cramming it down our throat (Some annoying coercion.)
- 12:00 Meet Google Bard
- 14:00 What if it’s wrong, or bad or racist?
- 18:00 Evolution of search engine… end of content creators?
- 22:00 Google’s mission may be changing to “search for answers” instead of “search for web pages.” The golden age of Internet content is coming to an end…
- 25:00 Where is information coming from?
- Are search engines stealing content?
- 28:00 How far down will search results go?
- 31:00 If content creators go away… where will content come from?
- 32:00 Hiring experts?
- 36:00 People don’t know how to search (still).
- 38:00 Intent is the new holy grail. ‘What’s the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?”
- 41:00 Confidently wrong
Ain’t it Cool
- 46:00 GR – The Hike by Drew Magary
- 48:00 LN – Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World – David J. Epstein
- On TV – Last of us.
- Serpent Queen.
BSP: Blatant Self-Promotion
- 50:00 GR: What To Do Before Handing Your iPhone to a Cashier, Ticket-Taker or Police (Revisited)
- 53:00 LN: Your 6 Strongest Practical Password Techniques, Ranked
1 Comment on “TEH 184: New search – Is AI a smart Bard or stealing content?”
I know, I am being pedantic (in the sane vane as “Frankenstein’s monster”), but having just read Hitchhiker’s I feel the need to point out that 42 is actually the answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe and Everything. We just don’t know what the question is.