In This Episode: Smart homes, Blocking Utah, AirTags, Anniversary and picking locks.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- 1:00 GR: Been expanding my Smart Home tech. Some good, some bad.
- Smart Google stuff.
- 5:30 Giving it a time to turn off.
- Won’t dim over time. Might be coming.
- Too many apps… one for each lightbulb.
- Tried Geeni, gave me just one app.
- Had one bulb break after a week.
- Figuring out switches.
- 14:00 Smart isn’t always smart enough.
- Tuya … reducing number of apps.
- 18:25 LN: Utah legislation wants to perform age verification. Turns out it’s easier to block a state than it is to have reliable age verification, so sites are cutting off Utah.
- Often IP verification is inaccurate. VPNs can be from anywhere.
- 24:00 Montana ban of TikTok.
- 29:30 GR: AirTags… what they can and can’t do.
- 34:00 Police departments now actively suggesting to use AirTags to track stolen cars.
- 43:00 LN: 40 years ago today(!)
- May 2, 1983 A young Leo Notenboom walked up the steps of a small company called Microsoft.
- GR: Starting high school…
Ain’t it Cool
- 45:00 LN: Irony in the bobiverse.
- 46:00 Murderbot series.
- 47:00 LN: Lock Picking Lawyer
- 49:00 GR: Clyfford Still Museum