In This Episode: The XY Problem. Asking the wrong question doesn’t give the right answer. A Big Glitch. Streaming service interfaces. Virtual fundraising and making presentations.
(You’ll find longer Bios on the Hosts page.)
- Gary: Examining the XY Problem.
- Definition on Wikipedia
- The XY problem is a communication problem encountered in help desk and similar situations in which the real issue, X, of the person asking for help is obscured, because instead of asking directly about issue X, they ask how to solve a secondary issue, Y, which they believe will allow them to resolve issue X.
- Leo: How do you ask a good question? Be systematic (when troubleshooting). Problem solving is hard. 🙂
- Making a good question form is like Programming ELIZA
Ain’t it Cool
- Gary: Really good show: The Capture on Peacock, first episode is available for free.
- Leo: Various streaming series. Peacock is free with upgrades. Dealing with all the inconsistencies.